winter & spring registration open now!
what is Tennis Afterschool Zone (TAZ)?
RecTennis works with local schools to bring TAZ to their students. Sessions start after school and are typically held in a school’s gymnasium. Our program runs through all seasons of the school year (winter, spring, fall).
- Tennis equipment provided
- Learn tennis basics through fun games and activities
- Learn beginning rallying + scoring
- Incorporate life skills like teamwork + sportsmanship
this after school program is designed to:
- Help kids develop important motor skills
- Teach concepts and strategies involving physical movement and performance
- Show children how to live healthy lives through physical activity and fitness
- Teach social and personal responsibility (through fun and games!)
- Learn more about our RecTennis Curriculum
RecTennis is serving up tennis basics at a school near you!
Developed for children from pre-K to 6th grade, TAZ uses tennis equipment that’s sized for kids. We provide smaller-sized racquets and low-compression starter balls to help your kids develop skills while having fun with new friends.
Our TAZ curriculum combines fun activities with lessons in leadership, teamwork, and other important concepts and principles. Bonus: While your kids are playing, they are picking up valuable life skills… and having fun!
don’t forget to bring water!
TAZ in action
“I love the kids and the enthusiasm and their creativity… I think RecTennis is really great for kids because it helps them with coordination, both physical and mental.”
“My favorite thing about tennis is that you work together and it’s a fun sport to play in. My favorite memory is when we played two on two and I won two times!”
check out our other programs
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.